It's always a good idea to do some research when you’re planning a move to a new apartment. Information about public transportation, shopping and schools can help you ensure you’re making the right decision. These five factors may help you decide if Bridgewater, NJ, is the perfect location for your next apartment.
It’s Hard to Find a More Convenient Location in Central New Jersey
A lot of places seem convenient until you consider your commute. A five-mile drive to the nearest major highway can easily take 30 minutes or more during rush hour, making your new apartment a little less appealing.
When you live in Bridgewater, you’re close to:
- Highways: I-287 and Routes 202 and 22 run through Bridgewater. No matter where you live, you’re never far from a major highway. Do you work in New York City? I-287 connects to I-78 just north of Bridgewater and provides access to the Holland Tunnel. During rush hour, the commute to the city takes about 1 ½ to 2 hours, but you can make the drive in about an hour if you start or finish work at off-peak times.
- Trains: New Jersey Transit’s Raritan Valley Line stops at Bridgewater Station and offers transportation to Newark Penn Station. (Connections are available to New York Penn Station.) Both Penn Stations offer access to Amtrak trains.
- Buses: The 114 bus line picks up passengers at Bridgewater Commons Mall and drops you off at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan. Local SCOOT bus service is also available to Bedminster, Somerville, Hillsborough and Manville.
- Shopping: Bridgewater Commons, located between Routes 202 and 22, offers 175 stores and restaurants, including anchors Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s and Lord & Taylor. If you’ve ever seen the movie “North” (1994), you may recognize the mall as Elijah Wood’s favorite hangout. Just a mile down Route 202, Somerset Shopping Center is the home to Barnes & Noble, New York & Company, Men’s Wearhouse, Pier One Imports and other stores.
- Restaurants: Whether you want to pick up a pizza or some lo mein at the end of a busy day or celebrate a special occasion at a sit-down restaurant, you’ll find plenty of choices in Bridgewater.
You’ll Feel Safe in Bridgewater
Personal safety is another important factor for renters. If you don’t feel comfortable walking from your car to your apartment or can’t find a safe place to run or take an evening stroll, you won’t enjoy living in your apartment. Niche.com gives Bridgewater a B+ rating for crime and safety, based on violent and property crime rates.
There’s No Shortage of Things to Do in Bridgewater
Bridgewater’s thriving public park system offers abundant recreational opportunities. Hike or bike at Washington Valley Park, or enjoy a picnic, a little fishing or a game of softball at Duke Island Park. North Branch Park, one of 20 public parks in Bridgewater, is the site of the annual Independence Day celebration.
Other recreational opportunities include golfing at Green Knoll Golf Course or Raritan Valley Country Club and tennis at the Green Knoll Tennis Center.
Bridgewater even has its own Minor League Baseball team, the Somerset Patriots. Special promotions and fireworks shows make a trip to the ballpark an ideal way to spend a leisurely summer night.
Your Kids Will Love the Schools
Bridgewater Township schools offer a variety of extracurricular activities and sports for students while providing an excellent education. Depending on their interests, your kids can perform in a play, sing in the glee club, participate in the Chemistry Olympiad or even give stand-up comedy a try.
Bridgewater-Raritan Township High School is ranked 41st in the state by U.S. News & World Report’s Best High School ranking and has received a National Blue Ribbon of Excellence from the U.S. Department of Education.
Major Employers Have Offices in the Township
Bridgewater has a very healthy job market and is home to large and small businesses alike, including Trigen, Bausch Health Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Nevakar, Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Mass Mutual New Jersey – NYC, Valeritas, Matrixx Initiatives, Solaris Pharma and Impax Laboratories.
Would you like to move to Bridgewater but need the perfect place to live? Fairway 28, a Country Classics Rental Community, offers luxurious one- and two-bedroom apartments close to major highways and shopping. The apartments feature Silestone counters, GE stainless steel appliances, in-unit washers and dryers, large bedrooms and private balconies. Contact us for information on current availability.
Niche.com: Bridgewater Township
U.S. News & World Report: Best High Schools
Township of Bridgewater: Welcome to Bridgewater Township