Wherever you live – in New Jersey, or out of state – it’s about time to start thinking about planning a trip to the Jersey Shore. In just a few short weeks, winter will be over, the sun will come out, and the Shore will become a hive of activity. Because we love the Shore and we think everyone should plan a visit this year, we decided to run through some of the best reasons to visit this year (and every year!)
- It’s accessible. Not only is the Shore within easy driving distance of all points in New Jersey, it’s also a short drive from five nearby airports in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia. So no matter where you’re coming from, the beach is close by!
- Jersey Shore has tons of boardwalks and promenades lined with ice cream stands, fun fair attractions, shopping and restaurants. It’s a classic, family-friendly beach destination, and you just don’t find that everywhere these days.
- Unlike some beach destinations (Florida, for instance), the Jersey Shore is not humid, so you won’t feel like you’re melting while you’re at the beach. That’s a big plus in our books!
- Many of the larger beaches in the Jersey Shore have lifeguards on duty all summer long. That’s important, especially if you’re traveling with kids.
- Cape May is a major attraction in the Shore area. It’s got history, great beaches, fantastic old-world hotels, restaurants serving amazing seafood and a great zoo that’s perfect for family outings on days when you don’t feel like hitting the sand.
- The Jersey Shore area also has a multitude of water sports that you can try. From boating and fishing to parasailing and kayaking, there’s a water adventure to suit every age and every type of adrenalin junkie.
- The Jersey Shore really is a great all-weather family destination. When the sun isn’t shining, or if you don’t want to go to the beach, there are lots of other things to do. You can visit water parks, amusement parks or shopping malls; eat fantastic food; play mini golf; or try go-karting. You really can do something different every day at the Shore, and there’s no way anyone will get bored on this trip!
- There are affordable options for nearly every budget. From low-priced, no-frills motels and hotels to luxury accommodations, take-out restaurants to fine dining and budget-friendly activities to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, there’s something for everyone at the Shore.
- When you do feel like seeing something different, New York and Philadelphia are just a hop and a skip from the Shore. In fact, you could very well spend the day on the beach at the Shore and take in a Broadway show at night.
There you have it. Some of our favorite reasons to visit the Shore. We hope you’ll plan a trip out this year! And while you’re in the area, we’d love to show you why our new construction homes in New Jersey are a great choice for your family.